This guide covers a set of high quality sources of information for Astronomy and Space research.
Databases for astronomy and space research
- NASA ADS This link opens in a new windowThe SAO/NASA Astrophysics Data System (ADS) is a digital library portal for researchers in astronomy and physics, operated by the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (SAO) under a NASA grant.
- Simbad This link opens in a new windowThe SIMBAD astronomical database provides basic data, cross-identifications, bibliography and measurements for astronomical objects outside the solar system. The database is managed by the Centre de Donnees Astronomiques Strasbourg (CDS).
- arXiv.org Astrophysics This link opens in a new windowarXiv is a curated research-sharing platform open to anyone and currently serves the fields of physics, mathematics, computer science, quantitative biology, quantitative finance, statistics, electrical engineering and systems science, and economics. It is maintained and operated by Cornell Tech.
- Citation database with multidisciplinary coverage of journals, as well as international proceedings. With cited reference searching.
Leading journals in astronomy and space research
- The Astrophysical JournalThe Astrophysical Journal is devoted to recent developments, discoveries, and theories in astronomy and astrophysics.
- The Annual Review of Astronomy and AstrophysicsThe Annual Review of Astronomy and Astrophysics covers the significant developments in the field of Astronomy and Astrophysics, including: the sun; solar system and extrasolar planets; stars; the interstellar medium; galaxy and galaxies; active galactic nuclei; cosmology; instrumentation and techniques, and the history of the development of new areas of research.
- Experimental AstronomyExperimental Astronomy is a medium for the publication of papers of contemporary scientific interest on astrophysical instrumentation and methods necessary for the conduct of astronomy at all wavelength fields.
Science Daily: Astronomy
Institutes and organizations
- Kapteyn Astronomical Institute This link opens in a new window
- Netherlands Institute for Space Research (SRON) This link opens in a new window
- ASTRON This link opens in a new window
- Nederlandse Onderzoekschool voor Astronomie (NOVA) This link opens in a new window
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) This link opens in a new window
- European Space Agency (ESA) This link opens in a new window
- American Astronomical Society (AAS) This link opens in a new window
- Royal Astronomical Society (RAS) This link opens in a new window
- Nederlandse Astronomenclub This link opens in a new window
Information Literacy Skills
If you need help searching for academic literature, and how to use it, please visit:
Questions? Ask the experts:
Subjects: Faculty Science & Engineering