Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
National Center for Biotechnology Information
De KNNV is the Royal Dutch Society for Natural History and Field Biology
American Society for Microbiology
The American Society for Microbiology is the oldest and largest single life science membership organization in the world. Membership has grown from 59 scientists in 1899 to more than 43,000 members today, with more than one third located outside the United States. The members represent 26 disciplines of microbiological specialization plus a division for microbiology educators.
Ecological Society of America
The Ecological Society of America (ESA) is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization of scientists founded in 1915 to promote ecological science by improving communication among ecologists.
TRY Initiative on Plant Traits
- Construction of a global database of plant functional traits
- Make the data available for the ecological community
- Support the design of a new generation of global vegetation models
State of database
- 3 million trait records for about 69000 plant species
- 206 participants from 106 scientific institutes worldwide
- 50 scientific projects using plant trait data via TRY
TEEB (The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity)
The information system PANGAEA is operated as an Open Access library aimed at archiving, publishing and distributing georeferenced data from earth system research.