This guide covers a set of high-quality sources of information for German language & culture that can be a good starting point for your research.
- Bibliographie der deutschen Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaft This link opens in a new windowBibliography of German linguistics and literary studies, with references to books, journal articles and reviews. Period: 1985-present
- Deutsche Historische Bibliographie This link opens in a new windowBibliography of German history.
- Jahresberichte für deutsche Geschichte This link opens in a new windowBibliography of German history (publications from 1949 to 2015)
- Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts (LLBA) This link opens in a new windowBibliography containing references and abstracts on language and linguistics
- MLA International Bibliography (Modern Language Association) This link opens in a new windowLiterature, language, linguistics, and folklore. Online bibliography on language and literature.
- Linguistic Bibliography Online This link opens in a new windowBibliography for linguistics focusing on the lesser known and extinct languages
- Communication & Mass Media Complete This link opens in a new windowBibliographical and full-text database on communication and mass media
- Academic Search Premier This link opens in a new windowMultidisciplinary bibliographic and full-text database
- Scopus This link opens in a new windowCovers a large part of the English-language literature in science, medicine and parts of the social sciences and arts and humanities.
- Web of Science core collection This link opens in a new windowSearch the world’s leading scholarly journals, books, and proceedings in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities and navigate the full citation network
- Duden online This link opens in a new windowRechtschreibung, Grammatik und Bedeutung.
- Van Dale Dictionaries This link opens in a new windowBilingual dictionaries from and into Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish, and the 'Dikke Van Dale' (Dutch dictionary).
Online dictionaries of Van Dale can also be accessed via smartphone or tablet, by means of the Van Dale App! Once the app has been downloaded, you can open the app and click on the Surfspot link on the bottom of the log in screen to log in with your UG account.
- Deutsches Wörterbuch von Jacob Grimm und Wilhelm GrimmHistorical German dictionary (1838-1960)
- KLG: Kritisches Lexikon zur deutschsprachigen Gegenwartsliteratur This link opens in a new windowBi(bli)ographical information on modern German authors
- Ethnologue : Languages of the world This link opens in a new windowResource on the more than 7100 languages spoken in the world.
- Tatsachen über Deutschland/Facts about GermanyIntroduction to Germany made in cooperation with the Federal Foreign Office, Berlin
Questions? Ask the experts:
Subjects: Faculty of Arts