Alpheios & Diogenes
- Alpheios This link opens in a new windowGOAL
To make reading and learning mankind's most beautiful and significant classical languages as easy and enjoyable as possible. The Alpheios Reading tools can currently be used with texts in Latin, ancient Greek and Arabic.
- Diogenes This link opens in a new windowDiogenes is a tool for searching and browsing the databases of ancient texts, primarily in Latin and Greek, that are published by the Thesaurus Linguae Graecae and the Packard Humanities Institute.
- Van Dale Dictionaries This link opens in a new windowBilingual dictionaries from and into Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish, and the 'Dikke Van Dale' (Dutch dictionary).
Online dictionaries of Van Dale can also be accessed via smartphone or tablet, by means of the Van Dale App! Once the app has been downloaded, you can open the app and click on the Surfspot link on the bottom of the log in screen to log in with your UG account.
Brill's New Pauly online / der Neue Pauly
- Brill's New Pauly online / der Neue Paulyplus Supplements I.
1. Chronologies of the Ancient World
2. Dictionary of Greek and Latin Authors and Texts
3. Historical Atlas of the Ancient World
4. The Reception of Myth and Mythology: Classical Mythology in
Literature, Music and Art
5. The Reception of Classical Literature: A Cultural-Historical Handbook
6. The History of Classical Scholarship: A Biographical Dictionary
9. The Early Mediterranean World, 1200 - 600 BC.
10. History and culture of Byzantium
These are the main bibliographies on Ancient History
- ZENON DAI This link opens in a new windowCombined catalogue of the archaeological libraries joined in the German Archaeological Institute and the 'Archäologische Bibliographie'.
- Gnomon Bibliographische Datenbank This link opens in a new window
- Academic Search Premier This link opens in a new windowMultidisciplinary bibliographic and full-text database
- Oxford Bibliographies Online - Classics This link opens in a new window
Alphabetical list of Open Access journals in Ancient Studies
Loeb Classical Library
The complete Loeb Classical Library, 520 volumes of Greek and Latin literature, with English translation.
- Loeb Classical Library This link opens in a new window
Related Library Guides
About Google Books in Dutch and English (by University of Utrecht Library)
The easiest way to keep up to date with the latest articles in your research field!
- Google Scholar This link opens in a new windowFor direct access to full text documents:
Click on Settings - Library links : choose University of Groningen options + Open Worldcat (if not shown, type 'Groningen'). Links to full text (if available) will be shown in your search results.
Citing a publication found in Google Scholar?
Click on Settings - Search result - Bibliography manager, choose e.g. RefWorks
- Google Books This link opens in a new window
Questions? Ask the experts:
Subjects: Faculty of Arts