This guide covers a set of information sources on Geography, Demography and Planning. It is the starting point for bachelors and masters in the faculty of Spatial Sciences.
- Web of Science This link opens in a new windowCitation database with multidisciplinary coverage of journals, as well as international proceedings. With cited reference searching.
- Scopus This link opens in a new windowScopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.
- Academic Search Premier This link opens in a new windowMultidisciplinary bibliographic and full-text database
- Business Source Premier This link opens in a new windowBibliographical and full-text database on business, management & finance
- PubMed This link opens in a new windowBiomedical journal articles
- International Encyclopedia of Human GeographyProvides an authoritative and comprehensive source of information on the discipline of human geography and its constituent, and related, subject areas. The encyclopedia includes over 1,000 detailed entries on philosophy and theory, key concepts, methods and practices, biographies of notable geographers, and geographical thought and praxis in different parts of the world.
- Dictionary of GeographyContaining over 6,400 entries on all aspects of both human and physical geography. It includes coverage of cartography, surveying, meteorology, climatology, ecology, population, industry, and development, as well as up-to-date treatment of fast-changing topics such as plate tectonics, remote sensing, geographic information systems, and aerial differentiation.
- Encyclopedia of Geographic Information ScienceCovers the essence of this exciting, new, and expanding field in an easily understood but richly detailed style. In addition to contributions from some of the best recognized scholars in GIScience, this volume contains contributions from experts in GIS’ supporting disciplines who explore how their disciplinary perspectives are expanded within the context of GIScience.
- Encyclopedia of PopulationProvides coverage of demographic topics both in the core field and in neighboring disciplines. Encompasses the large-scale changes in emphasis and research directions in population studies during the last 20 years. Topics covered include: rapid demographic expansion in poor countries, low fertility rates, immigration, problems of old-age support, the environmental impact of dense population.
- Thesaurus of Geographic Names (TGN)Names and other information about cities, countries, mountains, coasts, rivers, history, population, culture, art and architecture.
- Nexis Uni This link opens in a new windowDutch and foreign newspapers and other sources for news and journalism.
Questions? Ask the experts:
Subjects: Faculty of Spatial Sciences