This guide covers a set of high-quality information sources for linguistics and communication studies. These sources are a good starting point for doing research for bachelors and masters in Linguistics.
- Cambridge Core: LinguisticsChoose: Only search content I have access to, and subject: Language and Linguistics
- Cambridge Handbook of Psycholinguistics This link opens in a new window
- Handbook of English pronunciation This link opens in a new window
- Handbook of pragmatics online This link opens in a new window
- Oxford Handbooks Online; Linguistics This link opens in a new windowOxford University Press's handbooks on Linguistics
- The Routledge Handbook of Language and Culture This link opens in a new window
- Corpus Nederlandse Gebarentaal (NGT) / Sign Language of the Netherlands This link opens in a new windowSign Language of the Netherlands (NGT) corpus
- Encyclopedia of Applied Linguistics This link opens in a new window
- Encyclopedia of language and education This link opens in a new window
- Encyclopedia of language and linguistics This link opens in a new windowReference work on language teaching and learning
- Ethnologue : Languages of the world This link opens in a new windowResource on the more than 7100 languages spoken in the world.
- Academic Search Premier This link opens in a new windowMultidisciplinary bibliographic and full-text database
- ERIC This link opens in a new windowAmerican bibliography of education (1966-now)
- Linguistic Bibliography Online This link opens in a new windowBibliography for linguistics focusing on the lesser known and extinct languages
- Linguistic Data Consortium (LDC)Language resources are the collective materials used by those engaged in language-related education, research and technology development. Contains data collections, corpora, software, research papers and specifications.LDC Online contains portions of the Consortium's data collections in a searchable format. LDC's Tools highlight software of and by LDC. The Papers contain publications by and include conference papers, journal articles and books.
- Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts (LLBA) This link opens in a new windowBibliography containing references and abstracts on language and linguistics
- MLA International Bibliography (Modern Language Association) This link opens in a new windowModern Language Association - International Bibliography. Includes publications on theatre
- Oxford Bibliographies Online, Linguistics This link opens in a new window
- PsycINFO This link opens in a new windowThe leading international bibliography for psychology
- Scopus This link opens in a new windowVery large abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature. With over 21.500 titles in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social science and arts and humanities.
- Web of Science core collection This link opens in a new windowSearch the world’s leading scholarly journals, books, and proceedings in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities and navigate the full citation network
Selected Linguistics Journals
- GAGLGroninger Arbeiten zur Germanistischen Linguistik
- SCImago Journal & Country Rank This link opens in a new windowQuality indicators for scholarly journals as well as for countries. SCImago can be considered as an alternative to both the Journal Citation Reports and the Essential Science Indicators. These are based on the Web of Science database, whereas SCImago is based on the Scopus database.
- Van Dale Dictionaries This link opens in a new windowBilingual dictionaries from and into Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish, and the 'Dikke Van Dale' (Dutch dictionary).
Online dictionaries of Van Dale can also be accessed via smartphone or tablet, by means of the Van Dale App! Once the app has been downloaded, you can open the app and click on the Surfspot link on the bottom of the log in screen to log in with your UG account.
Questions? Ask the experts:
Subjects: Faculty of Arts