Open Acces Book Fund
Open Access Book fund available for UG and UMCG authors
- Affiliated authors can apply for funding to publish their open access monograph or edited volume. Book chapters are NOT eligible.
- The maximum reimbursement is 8,000 Euros per publication.
- The fund is launched as a pilot within the Open Science Programme of the UG and will run until August 2023.
The University of Groningen has an open access book fund. UG- or UMCG-affiliated authors can apply for funding the publication of their monograph or edited volume. This funding instrument aims to stimulate the publication of open access academic books. The fund can be used to pay for the open access fee, also known as Book Processing Charge (BPC). The maximum reimbursement is 8,000 Euros per publication.
The selected book publisher should meet the requirements of the Directory of Open Access Books; the book or edited volume should preferably be published under a Creative Commons Attribution license (CC BY).
Contact email@example.com for support.
OAPEN - infrastructure for open access books
The OAPEN Foundation is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to open access, peer-reviewed books. Its core mission is to increase the discoverability of open access books and to build trust around open access publishing.
OAPEN operates three platforms:
- OAPEN Library, which hosts over 20,000 peer-reviewed OA books and generates more than 10 million downloads annually.
- OAPEN open access books toolkit, which provides guidance to authors about open access book publishing.
- Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB), which aggregates metadata for almost 50,000 peer-reviewed OA books from over 550 publishers worldwide.
OAPEN relies on contributions from research institutions, funders, and publishers to carry out its mission. In exchange for their financial support, sponsoring institutions receive benefits in the areas of hosting, dissemination, discovery, metadata support and reporting.
The information provided has been carefully composed. While the information contained within the libguide is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in this libguide is correct, complete, and up to date. Therefore we disclaim all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained with this libguide.